Thursday, August 24, 2017

Pregnancy Journal #4: The Case of the Disappearing Belly Button...


            Hey folks! I really hadn't intended on publishing one of these every week, but it's just sort of worked out that way so far. BUT, don't be surprised if the trend doesn't continue.
             Sooo, crazy shit happening this week. Even though this is my third pregnancy and I realize you tend to show sooner with subsequent pregnancies, I hadn't expected to notice any changes any time soon because, well, I'm fluffy. I didn't really feel like I looked even remotely pregnant with Ripley until I was about 15 weeks. Needless to say, I was more than surprised to notice some changes going on this week!
             As of writing this, I am 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I am NOT going to say how tall (short, rather) I am or how much I weigh, but again, I am fluffy (hear me roar). While I'm still not showing, I did discover this week that when I am laying down, my belly button is already starting to “flatten” out and I can definitely feel the difference in firmness between where my uterus is and the rest of my stomach/gut region. This just seems so crazy to me! I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to be huge by the end. :/ I don't remember my belly button disappearing until well over halfway with Ripley!
             In other news, I have my 1 hour glucose test in a couple of weeks. Oh boy. Since I had gestational diabetes last time, I have to take the standard test sooner. Lucky me. I know I'm more lucky to have it this time, but I'm still really hoping I won't. It's such a pain in the ass...And I didn't even have to take insulin! I can't imagine being a full-time diabetic.
             Ok. So I realize I'm a freak, but I can't be the only one out there that actually kind of looks forward to giving birth, can I? I have a tendency to scour the community boards on Babycenter at the beginning and end of pregnancies. To be honest, it's more for entertainment value than anything most of the time. Anyways, I've noticed an inordinate amount of people already posting about how they're, like, scared to death of giving birth. Sorry, but that's part of it. Perhaps you should have thought the whole “getting pregnant” thing out some more beforehand? I know, I know, everyone is different, I just don't understand it.
             I mean, if you're afraid of the pain, medication is always an option. Plenty of women go for the epidural. If you're afraid of something going wrong, well, I hate to tell you, but that kind of thinking is literally just going to drive you nuts! And if you're afraid of all the uncertainty, you gotta let that shit go! Because thinking about all the what-ifs will drive you crazy too...And there's not a damn thing you can do for unexpected circumstances other than try to be prepared and knowledgeable about your choices, if any.
             Ok, sorry. I didn't mean to get on a soapbox. Not sure where that came from! Take away message: There is enough to worry about when you're pregnant. Don't make it harder on yourself!
This Is How We Roll Thursday Party
ethannevelyn.com

4 comments:

  1. Lol...this made me laugh! I've had 5 babies now, and this last time around I was noticing changes by about 6 weeks in (I'm pretty fluffy myself). I quipped to my husband that if we do this again, we'll know ahead of time because I'll start showing before I actually get pregnant.

    As for being scared to give birth, nah. Like you said, it's a little late to worry about that now. Women have been doing it for thousands of years! That said, my labors are notoriously short (my last was induced and took exactly 66 minutes). I might sing a different tune if I had difficult labors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, it's amazing how much each pregnancy differs isn't it? I was really looking forward to the birth with my first but ended up having to have a c-section as he was breach with low fluid and never even got to experience labour, I felt cheated ��.
    #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to giving birth too. For me it's all about the horrible pregnancy part being over!

    Thank you for linking up with us on #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete