Monday, September 18, 2017

Pregnancy Journal #5: Where Did This Come From?!


            Hey folks! It's been a minute since a pregnancy update. Some things have been going on! Let's start off with the not-so-fun thing.
            First off, I supposedly have gestational diabetes...again. I had my one hour glucola test super early this time since I had GD with my last pregnancy. The lab lady called me and gave me the option to either go ahead and take the diabetes education class or do the 3 hour test. I didn't figure it would do me any good to do the 3 hour test, so why in the hell would I want to put myself through that again?
            I (mostly nicely) explained to the lady that I had just taken the diabetes education class less than 2 years ago with my last pregnancy and literally had all of the paperwork from it right in front of me under my desk and asked if I could just start checking my blood sugar. Surprisingly, she said that would be fine. I have a feeling the doctor will still try to talk me into taking the stupid class again, but that's why I plan on taking reinforcements with me to my next appointment. (John) I mean, if the doctor wants to pay the $100 for the class, then by all means. I have many other things to do with my time and money, though.
            Other than that, the bump in the picture at the top magically appeared around 14/15 weeks. Well, at least that's when I finally let John convince me that no, I didn't just look fat. :P I don't know why it surprises me so much since, ya know, this is my third kid. I guess I didn't expect it already since I'm “fluffy”. But, on the other hand, I'm already 4 months pregnant somehow! What?! Anyways, it's always fun getting past the scary (and yucky) 1st trimester and starting to actually look pregnant. (Though I still have some lingering nausea somedays. Wtf is up with that?!)
            Soooo I'm one of those people who always buys for everyone else first, especially my kids. I need new clothes when I'm not pregnant. As you can imagine, I'm in desperate need of some new (or new to me) maternity clothes. I have used the same pair of maternity jeans since Myka and just told John earlier today that I'm surprised I haven't busted a hole in the crotch yet. :/ I only have one other pair, but they're not comfortable. Neither are my shorts, really.

How comfy do these look?! Find them on Wish.com.

            This time, I think I am going to go the “dress and tights” route. I figure I can still use the dresses afterwards because I like things comfy, right? I never thought I would be “that mom” because honestly, I usually dress so plainly. I'm the very definition of “jeans and t-shirt type of person”. No, really. Look it up in the dictionary. My picture is next to it.
            Anyways, I've been wanting to wear dresses again lately, but I haven't for years because I feel like they make me look even fatter than I already feel. :/ As far as the tights, I figure those sound a helluva lot more comfortable and easier to find ones that I like than maternity jeans. Fact: Did you know that it is damn near impossible to find maternity jeans for short people?!


What was your favorite thing to wear while pregnant?
This Is How We Roll Thursday Party
ethannevelyn.com

5 comments:

  1. I had some lovely combat trousers, and jeans of course. I also had a nice wrap over dress which was great for work. I wore normal tights and cut the waistband when it was too tight! I can't believe you have to pay $100 for a class about diabetes! Hooray for the NHS in the UK! #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, and we have good insurance! It's ridiculous. So thankful I got out of it this time. I think I am going to go the dresses and tights route this time. It still feels weird wearing a dress after not wearing one in so long!

      Delete
  2. Loll at the GD class :D i'm pretty sure your doctor won't argue with a preg lady! At least I would hope not. Best of luck! #fabfridaypost

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! $100 for a diabetes class. Noo way! Over here, you are ask to drink sugary drink and get a prick test - twice. At first, I went with the flow, but I didn't want that sugary stuffs in my belly. So I refused. They can't force me! lol!

    Thank you so much for linking up with us on #FabFridayPost x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to refuse...and get my medical care in the UK! Your system seems so much different (better) than ours. I'm jealous!

      Delete